Who we are and what we do
CHS is all about people: our 7,000 residents, our 1850 care and support customers and our team of 250 staff. Founded in 1927, we run a broad range of services across Cambridgeshire offering people opportunities to achieve a better quality of life. We do this by providing and managing
- over 3000 low-cost rented and shared ownership homes
- extra care schemes and domiciliary care for older people
- support for young people, parents, people with additional needs or experiencing homelessness
- money, debt, and employment advice
Our added value is based on our independence, local base and geographic focus, which enable us to
- Be accessible to our customers
- Deliver a wide range of services relevant to local needs and distinct from other providers
- Invest in people and communities
- Maintain a strong, up to date understanding of local needs and markets
- Have the capacity and knowledge to engage with stakeholders
- Develop new services and partnerships to tackle particular local problems.
We are a social enterprise and charitable housing association with a turnover of £33.6m and housing assets worth £263m. We are governed by a Board, drawn from the local community, which sets our direction, monitors progress towards our goals and ensures we meet the standards set by the Regulator for Social Housing. This work is supported by committees for Operations; Audit & Risk; Development & Asset Management; Governance; HR; and Remuneration. Two tenant-led groups, our Tenant Committee and Scrutiny Panel, also contribute to the main Board through improvement recommendations.