CHS Group is all about people. We’re about the 7,000 people living in our affordable homes. We’re about the 2,000 people who choose to rely on our care, support and community investment services, and about the CHS team of 400 people listening to our customers who make sure we deliver the high quality services they want.
CHS Group is the trading name of The Cambridge Housing Society Ltd, an exempt charity: HMRC Charity no X81275. CHS is a society registered for the benefit of the community with the FCA under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014: registered society no 10457R. Homes & Communities Agency: registered no L0992. Our Governing Board is made up of paid and volunteer members from the local community and is responsible for the overall strategies and policies of CHS. CHS complies fully with the National Housing Federation’s 2015 Code of Governance and its 2012 Code of Conduct.
We are independent and believe we have value as a locally based and geographically focused service provider. This value lies in:
- Being more accessible to our customers
- Delivering a wide range of appropriate and relevant services to meet local needs and aspirations
- Investing in people and communities
- Providing services which are distinct from other housing and support providers
- Having strong, local and up to date understanding of local needs and markets
- Having the capacity and knowledge to engage with stakeholders
- Being prepared to develop new services to tackle particular local problems
We have established a test to ensure that any successful partnership proposals improve our ability to meet our objectives.