myCHS Log in Login/Register

Home Contents Insurance

Home Contents Insurance

Why do I need it?

As a CHS tenant, your contents are not insured as part of the tenancy agreement. It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one.

Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen so home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind.

To help you decide whether home contents insurance is right for you, we have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks, and Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited who provide the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme, a specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policy.

The My Home Contents Insurance Scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.

How do I get further information?

The National Housing Federation working in partnership with Thistle Insurance Services Ltd. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority Firm Reference Number 310419.   Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.

Our Data Protection Privacy Policy is online at

It is important to protect your belongings and your Landlord suggests that you look for providers who are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Thistle Insurance Services are a company that specialises in social housing contents insurance, however there are also other providers that can be found on comparison websites like Money Supermarket or Compare the Market.

My Home Contents Insurance Newsletter Winter 2023

In our winter newsletter, we find out how to avoid damage from leaky pipes, what we can do to protect our homes over the festive period and how insuring your contents can cover you in the event of theft or damage.

Our My Home Call Back Service has proven to be one of the most effective methods of ensuring more of you are adequately insured. For more information on the service we provide, simply click here

What to do in the event of a burst pipe?

Every winter, tenants can be affected by damage caused by leaking or burst pipes. Find out how contents insurance can help

Read more



How can I keep my home safe over Christmas?

Nobody wants to be the victim of theft over the festive period. Find out how you can keep your valuables safe with contents insurance.

Learn more



What value should I insure my contents for?

Having the right level of cover is almost as important as the cover itself. If you do need to claim, find out how to avoid being at a loss.

Read more


All content in this newsletter is written and owned by the National Housing Federation My Home Contents Insurance Scheme, not the CHS Group

Chat Live now!

Chat with CHS now!

LiveChat is available 9 - 5, Monday to Friday (except Thursday 1.00 - 2.30).