myCHS Log in Login/Register

My CHS Home

You may rent your home or be shared owner. Either way, we hope you will find the information here useful. If you need any further help, please contact us and we will be happy to help you.

Have your say We aim to make sure that our services and priorities are driven by what you want. You can get in touch in a variety of ways:

  • Contact us
  • E-mail, phone, write or Livechat with us
  • Join one of our Customer Committees or focus groups

For more information click here. We look forward to hearing from you. Customer Feedback Once we have completed a repair in your home, you may receive a telephone call or text message asking if you are satisfied with the repair.  The caller ID will be 0203 0402175 and will ask you to select Number 1 if you were satisfied or Number 9 if you were dissatisfied. If you tell us that you were dissatisfied with your repair, our Customer Services Team will then contact you to find out further details about what we could have done better. Your feedback is used to help us monitor the performance of our repairs service and identify where we can improve our service.  However, if you do not want to receive these calls or text messages, please contact the P&Q Team by email or phone 0300 111 3555. Rents and charges Whether you are a shared owner or rent your home from CHS, you will have monthly or weekly charges to pay. Click here for ways to pay your charges.

Benefits of living with CHS

  • We keep our rents as low as possible and well below market rents
  • We offer long term tenancies, with security for as long as you need it
  • Shared Ownership gives the opportunity to own a stake in your home and to buy more shares later
  • You have a designated Housing Officer looking after your area
  • We offer a range of free expert advice on protecting your income, getting into work and help in a crisis
  • Our Property Services team makes sure that all homes are in good repair
  • We respond promptly to your requests for repairs which are our responsibility, and our contractors make an appointment to suit you
  • We carry out safety checks on a regular basis
  •  We plan regular work such as estate services, servicing, external paintwork, programmes of major work such as replacing kitchens and bathrooms

More information about our homes

Rented homes

Become a CHS tenant and rent a property with us.

Find out more about rented homes

Shared Ownership

The Shared Ownership scheme can help you onto the property ladder by buying a share in a property and paying rent on the rest.

Find out more

Estate Services The following services are included in your CHS service charge:

Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 – Notice of proposed changes to the delivery of 1 April 2022

The Cambridge Housing Society Limited (CHS) has previously let you know of its intention to enter into a long-term agreement for the following services:

  1. Servicing and maintenance of fire alarms and emergency lights;
  2. Servicing and maintenance of door entry systems;
  3. Servicing and maintenance of other fire protection and/or security systems.
  4. Servicing and maintenance of passenger lifts

The draft description of these services are here:

Fire alarms

07 Employers Requirements and Specification VF


Appendix D – Lot 1 Passenger Goods Lifts Servicing and Maintenance Specification V2

My CHS Home - Frequently Asked Questions

What if I’m struggling to make my rent payments?

Get in touch with us – your Housing Officer will give advice, including how to apply for benefits and can also refer you to our own in-house Money Matters service to help with all aspects of managing your money.

I’ve heard of Universal Credit – will it affect me?

If you are already over Pension Credit age you will NOT be affected by UC at all. It may affect you if you already claim one of 6 other benefits or make a new claim e.g. if you stop work. A good website to find out more is at

I can’t pay my rent until by benefits are sorted – what do I do?

Contact us – it’s best we know of a delay so we can support you and take it into account.

I’m a shared owner and I’m struggling to pay my rent or mortgage – what can I do?

You may be able to claim Housing Benefit or Universal Credit to help with your rent payments; contact CHS for advice, and also talk to your mortgage lender early on if you’re struggling with mortgage payments.

I’m a shared owner and CHS has been chasing me for rent payments

Please get in touch with us, we can discuss a repayment plan and advice on money matters, including other debts. If you don’t get in touch and the rent arrears continue you could lose your home and any equity you have built up, so this is very important.

I’ve had a letter or formal notice from CHS about rent arrears, what should I do?

Get in touch with us! We want to help you to avoid the issue getting worse, so can make an agreement to reduce the arrears over time and provide money advice.

I’ve received a Court Order saying I have to give up my house due to rent arrears

Get in touch with us! It’s not too late to avoid losing your home if you work with us to get back on top of the issue – we want to avoid you losing your home and can help. If an eviction date has been set by the court you may need to apply to the court to ask for it to be put on hold while you sort out the rent arrears – contact us to discuss this too.

I need some adaptations or assistive equipment to help me live in my home?

We will work with Occupational Therapy Service, the Disabled Facilities Grant sections of the local councils, the Telecare Co-ordinator and other agencies to help our customers get access to services. Click here for more information.

Meet some of the Team

Helen Tonks

Helen Tonks

Head Of Housing And Customer Services

David Bailey

David Bailey

Housing Manager

Mark Whitehead

Mark Whitehead

Contracts Manager – Responsive Repairs

Chat Live now!

Chat with CHS now!

LiveChat is available 9 - 5, Monday to Friday (except Thursday 1.00 - 2.30).