myCHS Log in Login/Register

Report a Repair


You can now book a repair request with our contractor Foster online via the Foster Repairs Booking Service.  Please note this service is for booking routine repairs only. If your repair is an emergency please call 01945 586999 and select relevant options.

You can also use this service to send photos of the repairs you have reported to Foster,  to help them better understand the issue or you can send them via email or WhatsApp


WhatsApp 07377 989073

Please include your address when you send through the photos

You can report a non-emergency repair via myCHS where you will also be able to:

  • Contact our contractors directly to chase up a repair and amend or cancel an appointment
  • View all the repairs ordered over the past 6 months

My CHS button

If you would like to make an enquiry regarding a repair you have already ordered or need to change or cancel an appointment please contact:

General repairs – Foster Property Maintenance

0330 1340150

Heating – Aaron Services

01205 319218

Email –

For all other repair enquiries please call us and choose the relevant option.  Alternatively you can chat to us live during office hours by clicking on the icon at the bottom of this screen or you can report a repair using our online contact form any time of day or night.

Repairs Frequently Asked Questions

What is an Emergency repair?

These are repairs that could put your health, safety or security, at risk, and/or could cause serious damage to the property. This type of repair can be reported at any time on 0300 111 3555. If it is out of office hours, our contractors will attend to make the problem safe, and then complete any further repairs that are required during normal hours.

Examples of this type of repair include:

  • Severe water leak through a ceiling
  • Burst pipes
  • Blocked main drains
  • Unsafe electrical fault likely to cause injury or fire
  • Complete loss of electrical power or light
  • Complete loss of heating in cold weather (31 October – 1 May) or at any time if the resident is elderly or vulnerable
  • Complete loss of hot water
  • Insecure external door or ground floor window
  • Offensive graffiti
  • Suspected gas leak or release of Carbon Monoxide
What is considered a Standard repair?

These are repairs that may affect your comfort, or convenience, or which left alone could become a risk to personal safety or cause damage to the property. It is our aim to make an appointment for the repair at a time that is most convenient to you.

These repairs may include:

  • Plastering
  • General carpentry work
  • External doors or windows sticking
  • Plumbing

For more information click here.

What do I do if I think I have Asbestos in my house?

Please refer to the section on asbestos in Living in Your Home in your tenancy handbook. If you are concerned and have not been contacted by CHS, please phone or email us for advice.

Why does CHS carry out electrical testing in my home?

Please refer to the section on electrical safety in your tenancy handbook

CHS carries out these checks to make sure the electrical systems in your home are safe to use and meet the current standards. Our contractors may find some minor problems with the system which can be easily fixed. If there is a more serious problem, they will contact CHS to agree the next steps.

We will keep you informed about what will happen.

How often will external decorations be done in my home?

CHS aims to carry out external decorations every seven years. This will cover repairs and redecoration to all painted or stained areas (such as front and back doors, and windows frames), cleaning out gutters, cleaning down any items made of uPVC etc.

We will contact you when this work is due.

What Fire Risk & Water Risk assessments does CHS carry out?

CHS will carry out Fire Risk Assessments every year on internal communal areas such as to blocks of flats. This survey will be carried out by a competent surveyor with your Housing Officer. Any repairs or improvements required to the fire safety systems will be ordered from this visit. If you live in a block of flats with communal areas, please make sure you do not block any access or exit routes.

CHS carries out water risk assessments on a small number of properties. For other sites, CHS will make sure that the hot water systems are working properly as part of the annual gas safety check. If your water is heated electrically, you need to report any issues with the water temperature as a repair – this is if the hot water is too hot or too cold.

Also, please regularly clean any shower heads by removing any build-up of limescale – this will help to reduce any risks.

Am I allowed to make alterations, improvements or additions to my home?

You should not make any alteration, improvements or additions to your home and garden without gaining permission in writing from us. Click here for more information.

I need some adaptations or assistive equipment to help me live in my home?

Please contact us if you feel you need help within your home – we may need to put you in touch with an occupational therapist. If it is a simple adaptation, we may be able to get this done for you.. Click here for more information.

I smell gas in my property?

If you smell gas you should do the following:

  • Report immediately toTransco on 0800 111 999 – if calling from a mobile go outside and stand well away from the property
  • Call CHS on 0300 111 3555
  • Do not smoke or use naked flames
  • Open windows and doors
  • Do not use any electrical switches or appliances
My Carbon Monoxide detector is bleeping – what should I do?
  • You need to report this immediately to CHS on 0300 111 3555
  • You need to seek medical help via your local Accident and Emergency Service to check if you have any effects from a suspected leak of Carbon Monoxide
  • CHS will keep in contact with you to let you know the next steps
How can I prevent a fire?

We have lots of advice on how to prevent a fire in your home – Click here for more information.

Who is responsible for maintaining my garden?

You are responsible for maintaining your front and/or back garden, however CHS will maintain any communal garden area.

Chat Live now!

Chat with CHS now!

LiveChat is available 9 - 5, Monday to Friday (except Thursday 1.00 - 2.30).