What type of support will I get at Corona House?
Whilst at Corona House our experienced staff will give you support tailored to your needs including:
- Support and motivation to make positive changes and recover
- Getting into daytime activities, training, education and employment
- Setting up home and settling in
- Help with family relationships and making friends
- Support to develop emotional intelligence, self-understanding, remove blocks to personal progress, enable recovery from issues experienced, and encouragement to develop your own personal identity
- Life skills and becoming more independent
- Coping skills and strategies
- Staying safe
- Advice and support regarding physical and mental health, diet, substance misuse, contraception, sexual health, domestic and other forms of abuse
- Budgeting and money management
- Advice and support to claim welfare benefits
- Understanding occupancy agreements and obligations, and keeping your tenancy
- Support with moving on to suitable accommodation
- Continued resettlement/outreach support after moving on from Corona House
- Membership of Corona Community
Staffing at Corona House includes a Peer Support Worker – Mandy Leigh
Mandy will be available to Corona Community members to support with things such as (but not limited to); attending community activities, getting out and about, encouragement during times of difficulty, support to try new challenges – all with the purpose of improving health and wellbeing, and reducing isolation.
Mandy has lived through her own mental health challenges and is a long way down the recovery Road. She has been trained at the Recovery College East as a Peer support Worker and can use her experience to help and inspire others on their recovery journey.
This post has been funded by Cambridge City council
We work together with you to form a plan to help you overcome any issues you have experienced and to get your life on track so you can achieve your aspirations.