myCHS Log in Login/Register


120 is our young people’s service that provides accommodation with on-site intensive support for 7 young people aged 16 and 17 who have been referred to CHS by Cambridgeshire County Council Children’s Social Care.

The purpose of the service is to support young people through their transition from social care to independent living; young people move on from 120 on or before their 18th birthday.  We have another sister service 204 in Wisbech.

120 offers:

  • A safe, nurturing and empowering environment
  • On-site intensive support from an experienced skilled staff team
  • Privacy, confidentiality, dignity, independence, choice and personal rights
  • Support to make positive changes in your life
  • Personalised support to achieve your aspirations in line with your Pathway Plan
  • Support staff on site daily and overnight
  • A wide range of fun social activities to get involved with
  • Opportunities to access educational and work related activities
  • 7 individual fully furnished rooms with shared facilities – kitchen, bathrooms, sitting room, garden

Get in touch

Referrals to the services are only via Cambridgeshire County Council Children’s Social Care.

120 - Frequently Asked Questions

How long can I stay at 120?

The service supports young people aged 16 and 17 through their transition from social care to independent living. Young people move on from 120 on or before their 18th birthday to suitable accommodation, which for most young people will be supported housing, and for some may be your own room in a shared house or your own flat.

What type of support will I get at 120?

Our experienced staff will give you support tailored to your needs including:

  • Support and motivation to make positive changes
  • Getting into daytime activities, training, education and employment
  • Help with family relationships and making friends
  • Support to develop emotional intelligence, self-understanding, remove blocks to personal progress, enable recovery from issues experienced, and encouragement to develop your own personal identity
  • Life skills and becoming more independent
  • Coping skills and strategies
  • Staying safe
  • Advice and support regarding physical and mental health, diet, substance misuse, contraception, sexual health, domestic and other forms of abuse
  • Budgeting and money management
  • Advice and support to claim welfare benefits
  • Understanding occupancy agreements and obligations, and keeping your tenancy
  • Support with moving on to suitable accommodation when turning 18
  • Setting up home and settling in
  • Continued resettlement/outreach support after moving on from 120

Our team of support workers are on site 7 days a week. We work together with you to form a plan to help you overcome any issues you have experienced and to get your life on track so you can achieve your aspirations. Then we support you regularly to make sure you get everything you can out of living at 120 and are well set up for your move to independent living.

How do I apply for a place at 120?

All young people are referred to 120 by Cambridgeshire Children and Young People’s Service. You will be able to talk to us and visit to decide if you would like to live there and benefit from what we can provide for you.

How much will I have to pay to live at 120?

The costs of living at 120 are paid by Cambridgeshire Children and Young People’s Services as a placement fee.

Meet the managers

Nicky Saunders

Nicky Saunders


Maggie Bending

Maggie Bending

Community Support Manager

Chat Live now!

Chat with CHS now!

LiveChat is available 9 - 5, Monday to Friday (except Thursday 1.00 - 2.30).