Support in Cambridgeshire

When you are facing a problem that you cannot sort out by yourself there are a number of support services working in Cambridgeshire that offer help and advice.

For example, you may be homeless or facing difficulties with your housing, or mental health, or relationships. You may be struggling with your finances, or to find employment and training. Support is available to anyone aged between 16 and 64 living in Cambridgeshire.



  • Avoiding homelessness
  • Advice and support with getting housed, keeping your tenancy, understanding your tenancy obligations, getting on top of rent arrears
  • Support to deal with welfare benefit issues, security, health and safety

Personal development

  • Advice and support with accessing daytime activities, training, education and employment
  • Developing your support network to avoid feeling isolated and lonely
  • Support and motivation to make positive changes in your life
  • Gaining life skills and becoming more independent
  • Coping skills and strategies for when things are not going so well


  • Help with family relationships and making friends
  • Advice and support regarding physical and mental health, diet, substance misuse, contraception, sexual health, dealing with domestic and other forms of abuse

Support within Cambridgeshire

CHS along with other organisations offer support in the community throughout Cambridgeshire depending where you live:

East Cambridgeshire  CHS East Cambs Floating Support

Cambridge City – Centra

South Cambridgeshire – Centra

Fenland – Centra

Huntingdonshire – Axiom Housing Association


I live in East Cambridgeshire - how do I apply for support?

You can refer yourself for support or be referred by another agency that is currently supporting you by completing our online application form, or you can call us for more information about the service on 01353 663278 or 01223 713550 or email us on

Or you are welcome to come and see us on Tuesdays from 11am – 2pm, at The Lighthouse Centre, 13 Lynn Road, Ely CB7 4EG.

Support in other parts of Cambridgeshire

I live in Cambridge City – how can I get support?

If you live in Cambridge city, please contact Centra.

0300 333 6511

I live in South Cambridgeshire – how can I get support?

If you live in South Cambridgeshire, please contact Centra.

0300 333 6511

I live in the Fenland area – how can I get support?

If you live in the Fenland area, please contact Centra.

0300 333 6511

I live in Huntingdonshire – how can I get support?

If you live in Huntingdonshire, please contact Axiom Housing Association, which works in partnership with CHS.
01733 347135


Meet the managers

Staff profile placeholder

Kevin Scanlon


Breege Brandon

Breege Brandon

Community Support Manager

What People Say...

“My life is so much better and all it took was someone to show me the way.”


Chat Live now!

Chat with CHS now!

LiveChat is available 9 - 5, Monday to Friday (except Thursday 1.00 - 2.30).