Alex Wood House care home Cambridge
Alex Wood House is a residential care home for older people situated in Arbury on the north eastern side of Cambridge, three miles from the city centre. It is a well designed, purpose-built home with attractive gardens. The home offers 24-hour residential care and is registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) to accommodate 36 older people, over the age of 65 years.
- 36 single rooms, all with en-suite facilities to accommodate residents who are frail, elderly and may have a diagnosis of or are living with dementia
- A High Dependency Household is located on the ground floor, dedicated to caring for and supporting residents with higher needs and with advanced Dementia.
- All rooms are linked to a call system when staff assistance is required
- Fully wheelchair accessible with lift to first floor
- Bedrooms are close to communal lounges and dining rooms
- All specialist bathrooms are equipped with adapted fittings for an improved bathing experience
- Alex Wood House is able to offer an event room to the local community at reasonable costs
- All meals are cooked on the premises in our own kitchens in partnership with Apetito and have been awarded a five star rating by Environmental Health