Worried about Welfare Reform changes? Need help to fill in disability benefit forms? Confused about your benefit entitlement? Refused benefits? Can’t make ends meet? Desperate about debts? Baffled about budgeting? Ask for our advice straight away!
Free impartial help is available to all CHS customers:
Contact our Money Matters Team on 01223 713768
or click here to contact us.
In the last year, over 250 CHS customers used the service and are now, on average, almost £30 better off per week. What’s more they tell us they are much less anxious and worried about their situation.
"Before seeing Sue I was very anxious about my situation. This affected me in many ways. After talking to Sue and her helping me, things were easier to cope with"
"I am very happy with the money matters team and feel lucky to have them. I don't honestly know what I would have done without them"
"Your service has been a life saver to me. I would not have been able to cope without it. I feel calm and stress free every day now"
"I now have a better knowledge of how to cope more on my own and with more confidence to do so too"Our Money Matters Advisors can advise you on:
- Welfare Benefits, Tax Credits and Universal Credit
- Help with filling in disability and other forms, including Personal Independence Payment, Disability Living Allowance, Attendance Allowance and Employment and Support Allowance
- Checking to see what you are entitled to and helping you to understand the system (for more info on money, tax and Benefits click here)
- Appealing benefit decisions
- Budgeting and managing your money
- Local charities and the Cambridgeshire Local Assistance Scheme (CLAS) – checking eligibility
- Debt – dealing with priority and non-priority debts
- Help you consider all the relevant Debt strategies options
- Completing a financial statement and negotiating with creditors on your behalf
- Information on savings accounts and basic bank accounts
- Money Savers
- Home contents insurance
- Energy Best Deal – getting the right tariff and supplier for your electricity and gas
- Water tariffs
We provide ongoing support until everything is sorted out. There is no need to travel – we can come to you.
Other useful contacts:
For everyday practical ideas, tips and advice on how to make your money go further go to Making Money Count
If you would like develop your own household budget you may want to try this online budget planning tool, click here
If you have problem debt you may want to try:
Stepchange on 0800 138 1111 or click here
National Debtline on 0808 808 4000 or click here
For general advice please try the Citizens Advice Bureau, click here.
[ back ]