Older People's Services
CHS Group (CHS) recognises that as people get older they often want a home which is more manageable and provides security, support and peace of mind to the individual and their family. Below are various housing options please click on the links below for more information.
Local Community Services
We also offer various services within your own home, designed to make life a little easier for older people. These are only available in the Melbourn area at present, but we are planning to extend them to other areas in due course.
These services can include:
- CHS Homecare - our fully trained carers visit you in your home
- Sitting Service - a visit from our experienced staff gives family carers time for themselves
- Day Centre - based at Moorlands Court and Alex Wood House with friendly and sociable atmosphere and includes a home cooked two course lunch
- Meals Service - nutritious, hot lunch time meal delivered to your door
- Housekeeping - we do those jobs which you can no longer manage, from cleaning and ironing, to bed changing and shopping
To find out more about these service please call: Moorlands Court on 01763 260564 or email email@example.com
Retirement Housing: attractive developments of self-contained apartments and flats in quiet but central locations. Vacancies at any of our sheltered schemes are advertised through HomeLink www.home-link.org.uk
Housing with care: attractive self-contained accommodation offering the opportunity for retired people to live within an independent environment designed to meet their physical, personal and social needs. In order to qualify for this type of housing you will need a care assessment from Adult Social Care at Cambridgeshire County Council. For details of how to apply for Extra Care housing please see the application form
Care Homes: quality accommodation combined with 24-hour personal care and support meeting individual requirements. If you would like to visit one of our care homes, please contact the home directly.
Assistive Technology : A new booklet encouraging people to think about what assistive technology could do for them. The booklet is especially for those people who might not consider that they are ready for assistive technology just yet
Social Care Commitment
CHS pledge to continually strive to give high quality care.
[ back ]